Atlantic County has a wide range of employment services, workforce readiness programs and higher education opportunities available right here in Atlantic County. Explore this Education and Employment section to learn more.
1333 Atlantic Avenue Atlantic City New Jersey 08401 United States +1 (609) 345-6700 - Atlantic City+1 (609) 645-7700 or +1 (609) 625-7000 - Mays Landing+1 (609) 476-2274 - Milmay+1 (609) 645-7700 - Northfield
Atlantic County, NJ
Serving the Needs of County Residents, Businesses and Visitors
TRAFFIC ADVISORIES Currently in effect on county roadways
Main Street and Decatur Avenue, Pleasantville
On Monday, December 14, a detour will be in effect at the intersection of Main Street and Decatur Avenue in Pleasantville, 7:30 AM to 5 PM, weather permitting, for utility work by the South Jersey Gas Company.
Xổ số long nhãn 30 ngàyPolice and traffic directors will be on site to assist. Motorists are advised to follow the posted detour.
Egg Harbor Township Advisories - Week of December 14-20
On Monday, December 14 through Sunday, December 20, a detour will be in effect 24 hours a day in the eastbound lane ofMill Road in Egg Harbor Township, between Fire Road and Old Zion Road in the vicinity of the Garden State Parkway bridges.
On Thursday, December 17, Xổ số long nhãn 30 ngàythe eastbound and westbound lanes of Mill Road in Egg Harbor Township, between Fire Road and Old Zion Road, will be closed to traffic in the vicinity of the Garden State Parkway bridges, 7 AM – 1 PM, weather permitting.
On Tuesday, December 15 and Wednesday, December 16, the eastbound and westbound lanes of Steelmanville Road in Egg Harbor Township, between Ocean Heights Avenue and Blackman Road, will be closed to traffic in the vicinity of the Garden State Parkway bridges, 2 -10 PM, weather permitting.
Motorists should follow the posted detours and plan travel time accordingly or seek an alternate route.
Brewster Road, Buena Borough
On Monday, December 14 through Friday, December 18, Xổ số long nhãn 30 ngàya 24-hour detour will remain in effect on Brewster Road in Buena Borough, between Summer Avenue and Forest Grove Road, for county stormwater drainage improvements.
Xổ số long nhãn 30 ngàyVarious roads will serve as the detour route. Motorists should follow the posted detour and plan travel time accordingly or seek an alternate route.
Businesses along Brewster Road will remain open, unless otherwise impacted by COVID-19 closures.
Mill Road, Egg Harbor Township
On Monday, December 7 through Sunday, December 13, a detour will be in effect 24 hours a day in the eastbound lane ofMill Road in Egg Harbor Township, between Fire Road and Old Zion Road, for work by the New Jersey Turnpike Authority.
Motorists are advised to follow the posted detour or seek an alternate route and plan travel time accordingly.
Cotton Mill Bridge, Mays Landing
Beginning Monday, March 23, Cotton Mill Bridge in Mays Landing will be closed to all traffic until further notice for a full bridge replacement. Route 40/50 will serve as the detour route. Motorists should follow the posted detour and plan travel time accordingly or seek an alternate route.
Xổ số long nhãn 30 ngàyBusinesses on Main Street and Mill Street will remain open, unless otherwise impacted by COVID-19 closures.
This site will provide you with information on educational classes,
GED Testing, job search activities, job training opportunities, public assistance and a variety of other services to help you improve your job related skills so you may work in today’s fast paced labor market.
- The Workforce Development Board (WDB) maintains a partnership between public and private sectors to evaluate workforce readiness, develop policies and oversee these efforts at the county level, in order to deliver a labor force ready to work in today's developing and evolving economy.
- ACCC is a comprehensive two-year public institution serving the residents of Atlantic and Cape May counties, enrolling nearly 6,800 students.
- the most comprehensive technical education facility in Atlantic County. Situated on a 58 acre campus in the Hamilton Business Park in Mays Landing, the Vo-Tech is the school of choice for approximately 900 students, about 700 of which are high school students. The remainder of the population is comprised of post-secondary or adult students, most of whom have returned to school to seek a career change. The school also offers part-time classes for adults.
(ETTC) - The ETTC provides K-12 teachers and school administrators with training opportunities on relevant subjects including the New Jersey Core Curriculum Content Standards, instructional technology, computer technologies, telecommunications and distance learning.
- nestled in 2,000 acres of pristine New Jersey pinelands, Stockton is ranked among the nation's top public colleges and universities in an annual survey of the Best Regional Colleges and Universities of the North. With full time enrollment of 7,500 students, Stockton's focus is on teaching and learning in a liberal arts setting, and offering graduate programs in a variety of academic disciplines and professional fields. Stockton University has expanded its footprint in recent years to include instructional sites in Hammonton and Manahawkin and will open its new Island Campus in Atlantic City in the fall of 2015.
- helps the diverse population of Atlantic County adapt to a rapidly changing society and to improve their lives. They focus on issues and needs related to family and economic well-being, agriculture, the environment, natural resource management and youth development through various programs including 4-H, the Master Gardener Program, and the Blueberry Integrated Pest Management program.
- Rutgers, the State University of New Jersey, and Atlantic Cape Community College (ACCC), have established a partnership to bring area residents opportunities to obtain their baccalaureate degrees while staying close to home.
Superintendent of Schools - The Atlantic County Office of Education serves as the local field office and representative for the New Jersey Department of Education. Technical assistance support and monitoring is provided
to the twenty-six public school districts and six charter schools of the county in the areas of program development and approval, assessment and testing, budget and finance, facilities, curriculum and instruction, and staff development, special education, state monitoring, staff certification, legislation, and mandated regulations or guidelines.
- Follow this link for more information about Atlantic County School Districts and Charter Schools.